Feature requests

Coordinator
Apr 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM
What additional features can you think of that should be included in FlexDoc?
May 5, 2009 at 12:27 PM
I especially like your idea of a Webservice facade - please make sure that it is "rehostable" with IIS and custom bindings (Svc Factory does this by default). Having a document server you can send XML message to and receive Word documents back is very compelling - especially given that those templates can be built by (savvy) end users based on XML messages provided by developers.

Chris
Oct 11, 2009 at 6:26 PM

The following options for the ValueOf element

1. Multi-line (recognizing carriage returns)

2. Option to remove line if no entry for the ValueOf element.  This would allow the document to flow and don't occupy space or line when there are no value for the elements.

Thank you for the great work.

Oct 23, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Thank you so much for the fix on the line feed issue.   It works! 

Nino

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Would it require a lot of work to have an option to re-generate a document after it has been built with the fleXdoc DocBuilder?

In that case, after a build, one could still change some of the content in the document, change some of the data, and re-generate the document, without needing the template again.

This probably requires a way to store the fleXdoc elements in the built document, but in a way that's completely hidden from the user.

Jos

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I'm not sure I understand what you mean: do you mean you want the generated document to still contain some fleXdoc-elements (perhaps the UseContexts, ForEaches and the ValueOfs (which did not find a node the first time), so that you can run the generation on it again using a different data XML to support 'multiple passes'?

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:24 AM

No, the generated document should still contain all the elements. But they should be hidden from the (inexperienced) user.
This user is able to edit the document, the layout, etc. and also the external data in xml.
The modified document can than be used as a template to re-generate the document.

But please consider this under a low priority.

Jos

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2009 at 7:04 PM

That will not be possible, since Word will always display XML-tags.

I don't know for what kind of scenario you need this, but if you want to support some kind of 'retry generation'-feature, what about a 'preview'-feature? This way they see the output, but edit the actual template.

Dec 19, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Yes, you could call it a preview feature.

Jos